I think it is important for counselors to provide all kinds of resources to families. I recently chose to encourage my families to spend time together this summer vacation. I provided a list of resources to help them decide what to do together. The lists are kind of like Bucklists for the summer. I divided them up based on general activities and Memphis activities. Some of our families do not realize that we have fun, educational places to visits right here where we live. Here are my lists...
Here is a list of fun summer activities to do as a family…
1. Have a water balloon fight as a family.
2. Eat a picnic outside.
3. Finger-paint a picture.
4. Camp out in the backyard.
5. Go fishing together.
6. Make fresh lemonade to enjoy.
7. Read a good book together.
8. Go to a farm to pick fresh fruit.
9. Catch fireflies.
10. Set up sprinklers to run through.
Here are a few things that are special to Memphis…
1. Visit the Pink Palace Museum.
2. Take a trip to the Memphis zoo.
3. Go to Mud Island River Park.
4. Explore the Children’s Museum.
5. Hike at Shelby Farms.
6. Go see Elvis at Graceland.
7. Learn at the Civil Rights Museum.
8. Ride the Memphis Queen Riverboat.
9. Visit Lichterman Nature Center.
10. Learn at the Rock ‘N Roll Museum.
What are places that are unique to where you live?
My May newsletter is where I provided this information to my families.